Feeding of pigs in the period of fattening
This is final process of pork production. The biggest amount of food is consumed during this period of rapid growth. While in previous periods of life feeding had a physiological nature, now economic characteristics of feeding come forward. The diet is optimized not only to meet the physiological needs of the animals, but also to reduce the self-cost of growth gain.Aims of fattening:
- Maximum growth gain with the minimum flow rate of feed;
- Obtaining 100 kg of body weight - no later than in 165 days;
- Feed conversion - 2.6-2.7 kg per 1 kg of body weight gain.
- initial (first phase) - from posing for fattening, with body weight of 25-35 kg and to the weight of 75 kg;
- final (second phase) - from live weight of 75 kg and to a maximum weight of 100-110 kg.
Recommendations at the first phase of fattening:
- minimize losses when setting for fattening;
- provide daily weight gain of 700-800 g;
- provide high meatiness;
- provide feed conversion 2.5-2.6 kg.
It should be mentioned that the quality of the meat, fat and vitamin value of pork in general are completely determined by the feeding level.
KZ “Konstanta" LLC produces feeds for all kinds of poultry and pigs. The Association "ASD" includes own pig farms with French and Danish selection engaged in breeding, growing and fattening pigs. The company has extensive experience in the field of pig breeding.